I met a stranger

As I lay to rest, she walked into my room. I was surrounded by beige walls and burgundy curtains, not a thing familiar about it. No memory of me reaching there, and, no memory of the woman walking towards me.
I met a stranger.

The woman had an affectionate smile that passed assurance. She understood my confusion, I could tell. Her hand reached out to caress my cheek, a familiar touch.
I met a stranger.

She looked around the room, searching for memories. Was she lost, too? My hand attempted to get her attention, but, refused to lift. My failed endeavor made her smile grow fainter. Paleness and hurt overcame.
I met a stranger.

My mind couldn’t comprehend why my incapability hurt her. Did she know me? Could she help me out of here?
She used her palm to hold up mine, leaning towards me, she whispered, ’I am here for you, maa.’
But, I had met a stranger.

I used all my energy to pull away from her. I was scared and confused, and, I could see her sense it in my eyes. Her hand touched my forehead, and, tussled through my hair, comforting me to rest my eyes.

‘I met a stranger’, I whispered. ‘But, you are just a stranger’.

Comments

  1. It is so scary to imagine someone go through this. Beautifuly written. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so scary to imagine someone go through this. Beautifuly written. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I made peace with your death

A Eulogy to my husband

For the man I will always love