Showdowns – Before and Now!

Well, very hardly do we get the chance to get our fury out. And, our modes for doing so have changed over the years.  Physical showdowns take a lot of courage, time and the fear of facing the consequences.
Maybe, even a punch coming from the other side. ;)

So, thanks to the technology brought to us in 2002 and our addiction to messaging, we can have textual showdowns. CAPSLOCKing away to show your furiousness with the other person, and of course, a statement isn’t half as impactful without the array of exclamation marks following the message!!!

Ah, those times are definitely missed when people actually had the guts to face their haters and would result in a fight with each of their friends come together to ensure that their bro would win the aforesaid fight for chivalry.

Arguments, be it a lover’s spat or one between friends are much more compact now and easily perishable by blocking the other person’s contact. The choice of whether or not we want to have that person in my life is decided by the touch on a screen. For obvious reasons, theses choices are often regretted, but, then a force even bigger takes over ... the ego. And, anything but the ego is allowed to be touched, our precious ego that will be burnt along with us when we are charred by the fire.  
But, nonetheless, we preserve it. 
I have a “friend” at the moment that refuses to talk to me. We have been friends for a little more than a year. I know it’s a small period. But, we had come to really like each other as friends and had been there for each other’s thick and thin. We functioned in a “NO THANK YOU’s” relation and were sailing smoothly.
However, two weeks back, something I did bothered him, which I am absolutely clueless about. All I got from him was a text stating that he didn’t want to meet me anymore. None of my tactics to get in touch with him worked as he refused to communicate.
I know him to be a man of substance who feared nothing. However, when it came to confrontation, he couldn’t do it. All I got from him was that text and that was my cue to back off.
I hope soon for him to value our friendship more than that little part of his brain which won’t let him know what I did wrong. And, that we can come back to normal.

However, this is the end to my post. Since, this is my first serious attempt at blogging.

I hope it was relatable. 


-         -  The girl in the beige shorts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made peace with your death

A Eulogy to my husband

For the man I will always love